Photographed by Longoria Photography
There are some things that I will never understand. Here are a few:
fighting between religions (or sects of the same religion)One of our church leaders sent us this article about Jos, Nigeria and the violence occurring there between Christians and Muslims. This line struck me the most: “On my last visit, I also met students and staff at Al-Bayan Islamic secondary school. They were clearing up after a mob of Christans had burnt most of the buildings and brutally murdered five of the students, along with another child who was on the campus at the time.” Forms of sectarianism are everywhere, and I just don’t get it. It makes me extremely sad.
school violence/bullying/suicide
Today is the twelfth anniversary of the Columbine tragedy. I have no words, only a burning pain in my heart. We must not be afraid to talk to our teens about tough issues. Many teens in high school feel like they are in hell. We need to shed light on these dark areas. Fostering safe discussions and truly listening can change a student’s life. Parental involvement has the most impact, but as educators or coworkers or church members or family members or friends, we can still plant seeds of love. To Write Love On Her Arms is an organization that speaks well on these issues.
the crucifixion of Jesus Christ
I think that no matter how my faith evolves, I will always question, “Why did He have to die?” Or more specifically, “Why did He have to die like that?” Or, “Why did we kill Him?”
Lord, there is so much that we do not understand, so we give it back to you. Forgive our inequities, and send out Your Spirit to renew the face of the earth. Amen.
Love, Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment